South Africa - here we come!


Advertisement
Published: November 4th 2017
Edit Blog Post

The Happy Couple The Happy Couple The Happy Couple

Mr and Mrs Himmelreich enjoying a moment together!
Our daughter Amy married Karl last Saturday - we had a really wonderful day. Karl comes from South Africa and his family were unable to join us so all our family are hi-jacking the Honeymoon and going to visit them! We all fly out separately and meet up on November 10th in Bloemfontein where we will spend 5 nights together. We then all go off in different directions!

Gary and I have 3 weeks there and the planning has taken a while! We are staying in a variety of places varying from wooden chalets to Country Estates and are hoping to see some great sights. We fly into Cape Town where we pick up a car and enjoy a couple of nights in the centre. Then off to The Karoo National Park for 2 nights before meeting our 3 children and partners in Bloemfontein. Looking forward to a typical SA Braai ( pronounced BRY) at Karl's uncle's farm on the Saturday where we will meet his Mum and his SA family.

After a few nights there just our family move to the Oude Kraal Country Estate for 2 nights for a bit of fine dining and some activities including
Amy and Karl with lovely bridesmaids Amy and Karl with lovely bridesmaids Amy and Karl with lovely bridesmaids

Amy's special friends Jayne and Jess with sister Charlotte next to her.
clay pigeon shooting and horse riding! I think the bird watching or sundowner ride might be my choices !

We then all separate and do our own thing.

Gary and I are heading south and our first stop will be Port Elizabeth. From there we drive along the Garden Route and stay in Mossel Bay for a few nights. Next stop will be Aquila Game Reserve where we have a hilltop chalet and enjoy a couple of mini safaris.

Then back to Camps Bay, Cape Town where we are hoping to meet up with both the girls and husbands for a night to compare notes! Ben and Sandra will have already left sadly.

So the paperwork is completed and packing is underway!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Our family Our family
Our family

Son Ben, me, Karl and Amy, Gary, Charlotte and husband Alex
Me and my boysMe and my boys
Me and my boys

Me, Ben and Gary


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb