2 Cheetah, 10 Rhino


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga » Skukuza
October 26th 2013
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -24.9854, 31.6018

Our last full day in the park and started out with an amazing ten rhinos before 7:30 a.m. We saw one as we left the gate, the one in the river bed along with a very big tusker then three more grazing along the side of the road, then five more.

Then at 7:20 some new action two cheetahs moving through the grass. They were not very easy to see but Robert got a nice shot of one of them out on a limb looking around. They were soon lost to sight.

Went to check out Shitlhave dam and it was fairly quiet except there were three hyenas moving quite fast and then another joined them. We could never find out what happened and what they were looking for.

Went back to camp, did some chores and took a walk and while at lunch visited with a lady that had seen lions that morning so we went in search of them. Never found them but was a nice drive.

Took Twokawane Road and there was a huge herd of elephants coming up the road toward us and a safari vehicle. The safari driver asked us to turn our engine off which we were going to do anyway but she never turned her voice off and kept talking in a very loud voice.

We had to back up at one point but then the elephants moved off the road and we continued on our way. One last look at the Orpen dam overlook where more elephants and one more rhino.

Great last day!



Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb