Leopard in Tree


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga » Skukuza
October 22nd 2013
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -24.9854, 31.6018

Still was raining off and on as we set out today. First thing we saw was the back end of a lion in the bushes on the side of the road. Didn't look like it was moving anywhere so we continued on. Saw lots of leopard tortoises crossing the road and you had to dodge to keep from running them down! There were also hundreds of millipedes crossing the road and you kinda looked like a drunk driver weaving all over the road to keep from running them down.

We decided to splurge and go have breakfast at the restaurant at Skukuza since it was cold as well as raining off and on. They had a wonderful breakfast buffet that we took full advantage of and kinda really pigged out! The coffee was delicious and so it was an enjoyable morning. We did work on stories while we ate so we were not total slugs!

Walked around a little bit after the rain seemed to have stopped and got to watch a beautiful brilliant sunbird moving around. Decided to head back to Lower Sabie. Got to see a female lion laying on her back in the sun down on the sand by the river. Guess she was enjoying the sun after all the rain.

On the evening drive we came upon a bunch of cars watching a leopard in a tree. It looked like it was a young one and the poor thing suddenly dropped a bone from the tree. Came down out of the tree I guess to look for it and we lost sight of it and drove on toward Crocodile Bridge.

One unusual thing we got to see right before it was time to head back was a snake on a termite mound. Not sure what kind of snake but it was interesting to watch.




Additional photos below
Photos: 87, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb