Last game drives in Kariega


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga » Kruger National Park
September 1st 2016
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -24.0264, 31.4648

Happy September everyone.

Our morning drive was pleasant temperature wise. Day one was very cold but got hot in the afternoon. The temps moderated for the entire day but was windy.

We tried to find the hippos. No luck. Of course we found the female lion. We had great luck with that cats. We were on our way back to the lodge and there she was. If we were heading the other way, we would not have spotted her. We pulled in to view her and she decided she needed a better view of the impala. She walked straight towards us. I don't think she realizes we are there. She was fixed on the impala. Too far to see a kill.

After our morning game drive, our group & guide did a boat tour to the head of the Boesmanrivier on the Indian Ocean. Not much to see except birds.

For our final game drive we tried to find the black rhino. The ride was very rough and we didn't get a good view. Eventually the guide spotted one on a hill. It was just a spot that kept moving in and out of the brush. Not worth posting that photo! More elephant and the male lions again. We were always the group to find the lion! Must be Sharon's influence.

Lion pictures today were FABULOUS!


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb