Life in Kruger Park


Advertisement
Published: January 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

There are 2 Kruger Parks. The public access park where the animals are free range and the fences are now down along the borders with Mozambique and Zimbabwe. The 3 countries are working in harmony for the animals sake. The other Kruger Park are all the adjoining Private Reserves. There are probably 50+ lodges where the wealthy spend up to $1,500 a night in luxury lodges and see the Big 5(lion,elephant,cheetah,leopard, rhino). The reserves are all electric fenced to keep the animals inside the reserves and many are gps tagged so they can find them for the reserve guests to see.

We opted for the free range and saw 4 of the big 5 for less than $150 a day, inc. food and wine. We literally had to go out and find them. Rather than fencing in the animals the reserve camps fenced us in at night behind electric fences to protect us from the animals.

You are allowed to drive the 1,000 of kilometers of paved and dirt roads in your own vehicles but must never leave your car. The gates to each rest camp are locked at 6:30PM. If late you pay a hugh fine. Happy to be locked in for the night but you need a flashlight to walk around since Kruger has 54 species of snakes.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb