Olifants Camp - Kruger Park


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga » Kruger National Park
February 16th 2011
Published: February 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

We spent three nights in a round thatched hut (rondawel) in North central part of Kruger Park.
The temperature averaged around 85 deg.

Here are just a few pics out of about 300 that we took in Kruger. We loved the Giraffes and Elephants the most. We spent hours driving our own car on the dirt roads looking for animals. You cannot get out of your car at anytime except at the rest camps. They are far apart. It’s fun not knowing what is around the next corner. We encountered a bull elephant in 2 separate incidents on the road right in front of us. We thought it best to give them the right of way. We also saw 2 lioness lying in the grass apparently after a meal because we could smell a really rank smell (probably a carcass) and there was a spotted hyena also sneaking around to the side.

We also went on a guided night drive and a sunset drive in a safari truck. We saw a Genet cat in the base of a tree and an African wildcat in the grass while on the night drive. We could see them with a spotlight from the truck. We didn’t do any guided walks because we were told by a few people that we we would see more animals on drives. Kruger Park is fantastic!

Next, we drive to Pilanesberg Game Reserve to see more animals! It’s a days drive from Kruger.

Keep scrolling..........


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

HippoHippo
Hippo

The most dangerous animal in Africa. Can bite a crocodile in half. Will attack humans if you are between a hippo and it's water hole or river. It's teeth are about 1 1/2 ft. long!
Nile CrocodileNile Crocodile
Nile Crocodile

The world's largest crocodile


23rd February 2011

Wow! Those pictures are amazing! I can't believe how close you got to the animals. Everything looks beautiful. I am glad you are safe and having fun. Can't wait to talk to you about it when you get home! Travel safe!
23rd February 2011

SUPER PICS--
24th February 2011

Cool!
It's so nice that you get to see Freds family, the country, and all the animals. Looks like your having a good time. Enjoy!

Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0144s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb