This is the wildlife!


Advertisement
Published: April 16th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We did a morning game drive this day. We got to see two more Big 5, including rhinos and buffalo. The only Big 5 that we did not get to see was the elephant. Kind of disappointing! In the afternoon, we went to NLP airport for our flight to JNB. We were only going to pass through JNB on our way to Cape Town. The flight was an Airlink airlines Dornier 228.
The crew let me sit up in the first row and let me listen in on ATC. How cool! They had told me that an American Eagle flight had crashed in Indiana and later I would find out that it was the ATR plane in Roselawn. How sad to hear.....
Once at JNB, we stood by for the Comair flight to CPT. Full! Next one was also a no go. SAA was overbooked. It looks like we are derailed again! We took a taxi to downtown Johannesburg and got a room at some hotel.

The driver said he would be back for us in the morning. The driver adamantly told us not to leave the hotel, especially at night. Well, we were a bunch of dumb 22 year olds, so what did we do? We left the hotel, ESPECIALLY at night! It was not that bad.
We went back up to the room and one of our group went right to sleep. We had not eaten much today and I was not going to go without again. We other three went down to get some food. We found a place called Bree Street Cafe and it looked like it would do. There was just one problem. They were short on dishes so we had to wait until some customers finished up and then they would wash the dishes and serve us. Bizarre, but whatever! We went to the room and there was another bizarre occurrence. Someone had broken a key off in the lock. We knocked and Dwight let us in. We notified hotel management and they had us change rooms. Dwight was so upset and just wanted to sleep but the manager told him "Sorry mate, get your stuff and move".


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.03s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb