Sabie River Bush Lodge


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga » Hazyview
September 12th 2016
Published: January 25th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Got up to finish the Panorama Route with God's Window and a couple of waterfalls. Started out bright and sunny, but by the time we got to God's Window we were socked in. I hiked a little further up the mountain and did get a nice view of surrounding area with cloud moving in. As I hiked further up, I got back into fog. We proceeded to the waterfalls and back to town for breakfast. We heard good things about Harry's Pancakes, so we gave it a try, and glad we did, Great coffee and very special pancakes.

Got to Sabie River Bush Lodge in good time, as the drive was more or less eventless. Seriously, every square foot of the earth has been altered to plant pine tree, eucalyptus trees, or banana trees. Then Hazyview is a train wreck. This little town has been inundated with everything down to Kentucky Fried Chicken. We didn't even stop to look around. Got to SRBC and looked at each other...perfection. The complex is located right on the Sabie River, with the game park on the other side. We checked in, got a beer/lemonade and sat back, waiting for the 4:30 evening/night safari.

The safari did not get off on a good foot. The national park guide did not show up. So, a half hour late, they put in a 24 passenger

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb