Christmas Day! First day in Simbavati


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Limpopo » Timbavati Nature Reserve
January 12th 2014
Published: January 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Christmas day was great! We got up at 6:00am to open gifts. We opened are stockings and are presents. I got some pretty neat stuff like the beginners guide to the iPad, I got some us full stuff like a flash lite! At about 7:00 we went for breakfast. We had a lovely breakfast at the hotel restaurant there was a big variety of what we could eat there was a omelette bar were you could choose what you want in it and if you want just egg whites or only one yolk. The one downer on Christmas was that we were in the car for 4 hours. The one stop we had was great we had a nice lunch at a small town. There were 2 other families on are safaris. One of the families had 5 people 3 kids and the two parents. They bout a soccer ball for the hole group to use. All the kids were happy because we all like soccer. There were five adults and five kids on are tour that not including the tour guide and the driver. We arrived in Misty mountain it's in the hills we only walked around the town and saw the views! The loge made a great Christmas meal for us. There was turkey, chicken, mashed patatos and veggies. The loge even put Christmas crackers on are plase mates.

In the morning we got going early. We had another long drive to Simbavati in Timbavarti. The loge is a great place it's incredible it's so nice they welcomed us with a cold wet cloth. The loge doesn't have a gate around it so we are walked to are room at night. We had a half an hour to get settle in before are first game drive. Every thing was amassing the first time like the kudu, water buck and impala the most common and the main food source for predator. But after the 100 one it was repetitive. That's pretty much all we saw besides birds. We had a great diner with Ostrich as the starter. After they walked us to the are huts.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb