Marine Park/ Dutch Delight


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » KwaZulu-Natal » Durban
July 6th 2010
Published: June 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -29.853, 31.0164

Today was about two very difference awesome experiences.
Matt and Dave were bound for the beach.
Rather than that, i decided to be dropped off at uShaka Marine World in Durban; renowned for having one of the biggest aquariums in the world. The Park also includes a 'Wet n Wild' and four shows (Shark feeding, Penguin Feeding, Dolphin Show and Seal Show.
The aquarium itself was incredible. The theme of it was the design of a sunken cruise liner. The interior was all rustic, with different liner-rooms, unbalanced floors and the like. Amongst all this there were windows, tanks and rooms full of several types of fish.
The shark feeding was impressive, along with a nice touch-pool. The size of the aquarium was huge and provided a good couple hours viewing.
The penguin feeding wasnt thrilling, but awesome to watch little african penguins in mass.
Doplhins are amazing creatures, and the show sure was something. Heaps of flips and waves, and all sorts of entertainment from the clever creatures.
The seal show was also decent, made better by the 'volunteer' they pulled up on stage, who was petrified of the seals.. hahaha.

The second part of the day occured at the 'Fanfest', right on the beach of
Durban BeachDurban BeachDurban Beach

Outside uShaka marine world
Durban. It was time for the big semi-final between the Netherlands and Uruguay. Sitting on the sand, with thousands, we watched the match unfold, eventually won 3-2 by the Netherlands. The majority of support was Dutch, along with the local-historical ties, and general hate of Uruguay.
Its incredible! Who would have thought we'd see the Dutch in a World Cup Final!!! Its happened, and its just days til they have a chance at unexpected and unparalleled glory.


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Multi PenguinsMulti Penguins
Multi Penguins

at feeding time
Kris AquariumKris Aquarium
Kris Aquarium

Me at the Ushaka Aquarium entrance, durban
Great Sea TurtleGreat Sea Turtle
Great Sea Turtle

Pretty impressive creature :)
Kris AquariumKris Aquarium
Kris Aquarium

Me in one of the unusual tanks at Durban
Kris Shark TankKris Shark Tank
Kris Shark Tank

me in front of the shark tank. feeding was pretty cool


Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb