Durban, spices and surfing


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » KwaZulu-Natal » Durban
July 4th 2008
Published: July 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Now for something completely different. We've probably overloaded on the animal photos for a while, so the next part of our trip will not likely have much in the way of game parks. We will, however, be looking to photograph some of the ocean wildlife at some point.

Durban was a nice place to relax and get used to the idea of having our own transportation. Okay, maybe it wasn't so relaxing at first. We arrived at the Durban airport at night and after finally tracking down the rental car desk we set off in search of our hotel. For some unknown reason, we broke from our normal trend of Kathie as the driver and Jordan as the navigator (which worked well in Europe and Florida). We have learned from this mistake and from now on, Jordan will be navigating in the big cities (especially at night).

We decided to take a full day in Durban to explore the Victoria Street Market (Indian spice market) and North Beach where the Mr. Price Pro surfing competition was happening. We picked up a few curry spices to take home and also took lots of photos of the surfing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0212s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb