Bye to South Africa


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » KwaZulu-Natal » Durban
April 30th 2007
Published: April 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

sunset at Hlalanathisunset at Hlalanathisunset at Hlalanathi

although cloudy the sunset at Hlanathi was a beautiful site
Hello everyone!
Just thought I'd update you on what's been happening...

After our trip from Cape Town to Durban we haven't been up to much, besides hanging out and relaxing with tezz's family in Durban. After going to Ushaka Marine World (that Heidi) we decided to head back to the Drakensberg for 4 days. This time we went to the Northern part which was just as spectacular as the southern part and not as exhausting! We camped (once again back to the tent) at two places Hlalanathi - near the "Amphitheatre" and Didima - near "Cathedral Peak" (Didima has no electricity), all cooking had to be done on the fire. Unfortunately is was cold and rainy most of the time so we were unable to go on any hikes, we wouldn't of seen much besides clouds anyway! Apparently Cathedral Peak is suppose to be magnificent, I only got to see the bottom half.

Check out the photos for what we did manage to come across.

We would like to thank everyone we have stayed with in South Africa, especially Tutu and John (tezz's Granny and Grampa). We enjoyed their hospitality, a roof over our head, Granny's cooking, and the generous use of both of their cars.

Tomorrow we fly to Athens, Greece. From Greece we go to Italy, Switzerland, Germany, France, Spain and any other small countries we might come across over the next 3 months.

Hope to talk to you all soon,
Luv Neetz

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABCIA!! (my grandma turns 80 tomorrow)


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Didima Camp Didima Camp
Didima Camp

this is at the base of Cathedral Peak, as you can see it was clouded over
burning fire breaksburning fire breaks
burning fire breaks

the african way
another weird road signanother weird road sign
another weird road sign

someone tell me what does this mean??


30th April 2007

Babcia
Babcia had a wonderful party and appreciated your message. Your brother is certainly a wild one but fun to be around. Photos have been great, what an adventure but more to look forward to. Take care and have a good time.
1st May 2007

About time
Glad to hear from you. We thought that something had happen to you or you were having too good of a time to write to us. Nicky is going to be in Europe in November where will you be??????? Be good!!!!!!!!! Love All of the Lynchs
2nd May 2007

Hi everyone!!
Just letting you all know that we have arrived safely in Athens. It only took about 24 hours to finally get here, and a torturous plane trip but we are now sitting comfortably in our hostel. Will talk soon hopefully, but not sure when. Hope you are all well, I miss home so much already!! Take care, love Neetz. PS. Aunty Marg we will be returning home at the end of October, I will be home in November!

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb