Durban


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » KwaZulu-Natal » Durban » Morningside
April 1st 2011
Published: April 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today I flew from Joburg down to Durban! Leaving a mild Joburg, walking out of King Shaka airport in Durban was a great surprise as it was very hot and humid!
I took the airport shuttle from the airport into Durban, and it dropped me off at Tekweni Backpackers, which is just off Florida Road (Durbans main resturant/bar area).

After a short while id started talking to a bunch of English people who were on a placement in Durban, And they suggested i come to a beach party/festival with them the next day (saturday).

The Festival was great, awesome DJ's, just the queues where pretty large.....After a few hours of being at the festival, a few of us went to watch the Sharks match. They were playing the stormers and it wasnt the greatest of games to watch, but it was a break from dancing on the beach... after the game we went back to Tekweni, meet up with the others and went back to the beach!

On the Sunday, I went with some people to the village of one of the bar staff (Amimi) at Tekweni, it took about an hour to get there, using the mini bus taxi's. The Village was in the Valley of 1000 hills, which is one of the prettiest Areas I have ever been too! Lush green hills/mountains dotted with rivers and waterfalls, and covered in small villages.
The First thing we did when we got there was to look at a Skate Park that is there (it is sponsored by the Element) and we saw a few of the local kids skating!! The park has also been used by Tony Hawk!!
We then walked through the Valley along the river to an area where u can jump of the rocks into the river. Amimi then took us up to his house where we had some food cooked by his mum! We spent the rest of the day down at the local school, playing football, and other games with the children from the village! It has to have been one of the best days ive had since Ive been in Africa.





Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb