Camping at Ballito


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » KwaZulu-Natal » Ballito
February 7th 2014
Published: February 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Friday morning we hitched up the van again and set off for Ballito on the north coast. When we got to Dolphin Caravan Park Rae and Lorraine had already set up camp. That night Jolene and Pierre joined us and we all sat around the fire cooking our supper and catching up on the news of,the last year.

Saturday and we got ready for some more to join us. Ken and Heather and Wendy and Barrie were staying the night but we had another seven join us for a braai lunch. There was lots of talking going on, some cooking, some drinking and much discussion of grandchildren as we all tried to find out all the latest news.

After the day Visitors had left we sat around another campfire but it seems the years are getting the better of us all as it was fairly early to bed for everyone.

Sunday morning saw us all cooking up a very unhealthy but delicious skottle fried breakfast. Just after everyone left we had another visit from old friends for tea and biscuits.

Monday morning saw us cooking another skottle breakfast with our old neighbours James and Lee although we did have fruit for afters to make it alright!

A couple of walks along the boardwalk by the sea, a few swims in the pool and we felt that made up for the fried breakfasts and the scones the park supply every morning and afternoon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0671s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb