Johannesburg


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
May 25th 2009
Published: May 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Had breakfast and headed towards Johannesburg with Grant. Last trip we will make togehter for a long time we assume. Ended up in trafic jam as soon as we entered the city... Sigh is all we have to say. Good we had crisps, makes time go faster! =)

Went to Laws house in Honneydew, where we were supposed to stay. Got a warm welcome by him and his mother, and Mike and Jo where there too!! Found some warm clothes, it was cold in Johannesburg now when we were used to lovely Kasane weather!! Grilled some chicken for dinner and then headed out for a few beers at a pub called Keg. Us, Grant, Law and his friend Dog. Had a nice evening out and then went back to the house where we sat up talking till four in the morning!

Next day it was time to say good bye to Grant!! =( Huff. Feels like we have known him for a long time! =)

Slept some more and then Law took us for a spin in the area. Was pleasantly surprised. Johannesburg can be beautiful!! =) We went to Northgate Mall to find some flip flops for Jenny and to book the bus tickets to Nelspruit. Tess managed to find a pair of shoes too... =)

After that we went to Montecasino, a big building with lots of entertainment, restaurants and - of course - a casino. Decided to go to the Bird Park wich was a lot of fun! Specially the show they had. Learnt some and laughed at the birds. Funny creatures. 😉

Decided to eat dinner at one of the restaurants in Montecasino called Tuscan BBQ. On mondays they have a buffe so you can eat as much as you like! We had starter, main course and dessert! NOM! =D Had an early night since we needed to get up at 4:30 the next day to catch the bus.

Big thanks to Law for taking care of us and showing us the nicer side of Jo'burg!! =)


Info:
Buffe at Tuscan BBQ R80 p/p
Bus ticket Johannesburg - Nelspruit R100 p/p
Entry Bird Park R35 p/p


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 59; dbt: 0.1002s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb