On to Johannesburg


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
November 19th 2022
Published: November 20th 2022
Edit Blog Post

The flight from Atlanta, Ga to Johannesburg, South Africa was a healthy 15 hours. This is the longest duration for one flight that we have taken and it seemed to go on and on. We did receive dinner, a snack (a sandwich) and breakfast that helped fill time. There were also numerous movies stored in the TV that could fill more hours. The one thing that we did not achieve was sleep. So by the time we landed in Johannesburg we were tired. The flight was totally uneventful and once again we landed on time.

We were staying in a hotel attached to the airport but found that getting there was a healthy hike. Having finally reached the hotel and checked in, I discovered I had left a small but needed item at home and needed to buy one, Fred wanted to do a pair of geocaches at the airport and I needed to make a purchase. Thus we found ourselves walking back to the airport to Wooly's, aka Woolworth's and to the statue in the middle of the International Entry hall.

After returning to the hotel once again, we grabbed a bite of dinner at the cafe and headed back to the room. Sleep overtook us quickly, but after just several hours we both found ourselves awake and ready to start a new day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb