Day 23 - Back to Johannesburg for a quick interchange


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
August 17th 2018
Published: August 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Our last day in the luxurious Royal Livingstone Hotel. We farewelled 2 couples who weren’t on our bus today - one staying an extra night and going straight back to Oz the other going to Kenya for a walking tour. The start of sad farewells.

To the airport arriving before the security people were ready. Through 3 levels of security, big bags x-rayed before check in, then little bags and us as usual. Check in and passport control, then another us and little bag security check. Find out later that there are at least 100 hundred people queued up to get through security so the extra wait time isn’t really an issue. Time to shop and have a bite to eat or drink.

On our flight back to Joberg where we have an overnight stay befor heading bak up the east coast of Africa for our next part of the tour. Down to 9 now. We bid farewell to those going home. Hugs, kisses and all of that stuff. Get in the queue for passport control. Pick the wrong queue. Wait for ages. Our tour guide tells us he has got all our bags and is waiting at the carousel.

Finally get through and off to our bus. Another farewell as Les (aka Kurt Russell - he isn’t letting this one go) and Julie are at a different hotel as they are going to Uganda for their gorilla tour.

Then to our bus for the short trip to our hotel. Get rooms, briefed on where to go for our next tour, who our next tour guide will be (Moses) and a few other details about this place. It has a casino and entertainment section attached to the hotel. A bit like Crown on steroids.

We arrange our last night here when we get back from Rwanda (late arrival) so needed to check if we could keep room till later in the day - eventually got the desired result and also arranged a pick up from the airport.

Room OK, then off to have a bite. Wander through the casino, notice a door with a sign for “Gun Drop”. Further on there are more signs saying that guns aren’t acceptable in this restaurant. Hmmm.

Anyway, pick a pizza/pasta place. Sit down with Ian who has been with us since the start. Order drinks and food and see another couple on the tour. They come and join us. Food was great. Eventually wander back to the hotel, re-pack bags ready for another early start for our next flights.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.404s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.1058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb