and back to Johannesburg!


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
October 27th 2006
Published: November 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

We own a car! We feel so independent again! We drove back to Jo’burg in a rush, with both our new-to-us 2003 Toyota Tazz and the rented Mazda 323, in time to return the Mazda at the latest possible moment so we wouldn’t incur any more rental fees. It is about a 5-1/2 to 6 hour drive.

Tonight we are staying with our friends Karin and Iraj and their 2 girls, Nadya and Katya (ages 12 and 8). They have a large, beautiful home - the first time I had ever seen a home being represented by Sotheby’s. Karin is an artist, and Iraj is an economist, very busy, sweet people. They are in the process of moving to Cape Town for a better environment for their children, and they have arranged to rent their house to a British couple. Both Karin and Iraj have been robbed and victimized in the past few months, but they are still positive about Jo’burg for many reasons; they just want to take their children elsewhere.

When we returned to Jo’burg this time, the jacaranda trees and bougainvillea were in full bloom all over town. This time we did take a few photos.
Jacarandas in JoburgJacarandas in JoburgJacarandas in Joburg

These beautiful trees were blooming along Jan Smuts Avenue in central Joburg.
Lots of other trees are blooming that I don’t know the name of.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Karin and Iraj's homeKarin and Iraj's home
Karin and Iraj's home

...looking at the front...
the front gardenthe front garden
the front garden

...looking from the front door of Iraj and Karin's
the back gardenthe back garden
the back garden

The white roses were here, but Iraj planted all of the others. He gathers roses every morning and fills vases in the house, so it looks and smells wonderful.


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb