Coffee Bay & Umdumbi


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Eastern Cape » Coffee Bay
July 1st 2009
Published: July 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys,

Well after a super driving day and my favorite rural African driving game "Avoid the pothole while doing 120km/h" we arrived in Coffee Bay. (He doesn't understand the concept of slowing down so it's much easier to avoid the potholes. Instead hits them and says sorry that one snuck up on me! (edited by Tyne))

Coffee Bay was highly recommended to us by lots of other travelers and I don't know if it was because the weather wasn't the best or because neither of us is a dope smoking hippy but it didn't live up to the hype. The bay itself is quite beautiful but it wasn't really our scene. So we decided the next day to head to the next bay over "Umdumbi" which was also recommended to us. This was a much better choice, we had a nice relaxing time no natural medicines needed. We did some hikes and we even went for a jog on the beach, I never thought I would ever be running anything but my mouth but here I am. hahahaha We spent two days here and then it was time to head out again. The drive through this part of Africa was really good giving us a glimpse into the rural lives of Africans. Lots of kids on the side of the road waving which was nice, but also lots holding out there hands begging which was sad to see. The landscape was really beautiful and it's neat to see the colourful "Roundvelds" homes.

Until the next one take care

Cheers,
Matt & Tyne


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.267s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.1897s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb