I've never had cow meat before, I wonder what it's like - Shanice Moncrieffe 2014


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Eastern Cape » Addo
June 17th 2014
Published: June 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our first full day here. After being woken by lions roaring it's safe to say that for once we were happy to be awake. After orientation at 7:30 and breakfast we met with the local vet before heading off on a game drive. It couldn't have been a better experience to start the trip off with! We got right up close to a hippo, an elephant herd, zebras, wildebeest and a lot of impala!

In the afternoon we headed to the on-site petting zoo with a difference. Here we went into the spider monkey cage where they used us as climbing frames and tried to eat our jewellery, we then went to the meerkat area where we got to cuddle two adorable meerkats.
Of course we took loads of selfies with the animals!

Finally for our last activity of the day before tea we walked into the game park itself and did a small amount of conservation work by spreading grass over the areas damaged by safari trucks. We found half a cow buried in the grass which is were Shanice asked what cow meat was before realising it's just beef!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb