The Tank Bangers and Shark Attacks


Advertisement
Seychelles' flag
Africa » Seychelles » Praslin
August 20th 2011
Published: August 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Save the sharks!Save the sharks!Save the sharks!

Photo Courtesy of Matthew Brown
When I was in Egypt the club I dived with were passionate about preserving the sea for the future and have set up a Marine Conservation group on facebook called The Tank Bangers . Anyone on this amazing site who loves the sea and wants it to help conserve it click on the link and request to join. WE NEED YOU!

Now I know this is a blog site to update people on exciting travels around the world but I am going to use right now to save Sharks! For those that haven't heard two people where attacked in the Seychelles in the last month. This has driven St Ange (the CEO of the Seychelles tourism board) to start a mass killing of all sharks in the nearby area. People seem to forget that sharks LIVE in the ocean, it is THEIR territory and THEIR home. Not ours, and we have to take a risk everytime we enter it. Sadly two men lost their lives, and though tragic for their families this is not a reason to senselessly murder sharks.

So people of Travel Blog! I ask you to take 30 seconds out of your day to sign this petition.

We request the goverment of the Seychelles does not continute to kill sharks in response to the tragic deaths

Thank you.

Travelling wise, next stop for me is still undecided. Anyone dived in Belize or Fiji?!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb