The Seductiveness of the Seychelles


Advertisement
Africa » Seychelles » La Digue
October 31st 2018
Published: November 6th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Oprah Winfrey once said, “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” In response we say, “we are giving it our best shot”. Anyone on an airplane who has flipped through the free magazine in the airline pocket has likely seen a photo of Anse Source D’Argent, a beach on La Digue. It is one of the most photographed beaches in the world and with reason. Soft blu... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 76, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Anse LazioAnse Lazio
Anse Lazio

Big waves
View of our roomView of our room
View of our room

Mahe, Seychelles
Acres of yellowAcres of yellow
Acres of yellow

Seychelles is colorful
Coco de MerCoco de Mer
Coco de Mer

Giant seed
Slow moving creaturesSlow moving creatures
Slow moving creatures

Giant tortoise



6th November 2018

You've seduced me!!
I've never been to the Seychelles but it looks just a magical place to visit; it's on my bucket list now!
6th November 2018

You've seduced me!
These islands are well worth adding to your bucket list. They are unique among islands. We had a lovely time.
6th November 2018

Living in a postcard
What a dream. That is definitely the way to end your adventure travel, with a little beach vaycay. I’m not sure what I would have enjoyed more, the granite formations or floating around in the ocean all day. Happy birthday MJ and thank you for sharing the Seychelles with us!
6th November 2018

Living in a postcard
These islands are dreamy. It was a great place to relax, slow down, celebrate and get the African dust off our bodies. It was amazing to float around all day. One of the things I do very well.
6th November 2018
What are these

Tropical plants
This is a wild ginger plant that's found in a lot of tropical countries. Also known as spiked spiralflag ginger or Indian head ginger. They are really pretty, we have them at our villas on Koh Samui and they are lovely!
6th November 2018
What are these

Tropical plants
Wild ginger.... the mystery is solved. They certainly are pretty. They are exotically tropical.
6th November 2018
Unique plants

More tropical plants!
That's a banana flower :)
6th November 2018
Unique plants

More tropical plants!
Thank you for helping us identify all these beauties. I was going to do a google search but wasn't sure how to describe it. Thank you.
6th November 2018

too much beach
I live in the Philippines where we have some of the most beautiful beaches but I still want to visit the Maldives and the Caribbean to see beautiful beaches. One can never get enough of them. Your time in the Seychelles sounds so relaxing
6th November 2018

Too much beach
We've been to some of your wonderful Philippine beaches but this one is a bit unique. The Maldives are on our list also. The Seychelles was the perfect place to relax.
6th November 2018

Plunge Pool Dreaming ....
Living the life of your dreams - you certainly are. MJ - Hope you enjoyed your birthday, you will have to get Dave build you a 'plunge pool' at your retirement home as a belated birthday gift!
6th November 2018

Plunge pool dreamin
This trip certainly exceeded my birthday celebration expectations. These islands are marvelous. Thanks for following along and commenting. Were in a condo so Dave can’t build me a plunge pool but we will find others to enjoy in the future I’m sure.
6th November 2018

Amazing
Such a beautiful place with space to just relax and recharge.Did I miss Brutus or was he sleeping on the beach?
6th November 2018

Amazing
Indeed... beautiful. Brutus is in the plunge pool with Dave.
6th November 2018

Always wanted to go
I've always wanted to go to the Seychelles, along with the Maldives. It looks like the Seychelles are everything I imagined, and more. Glad you had a great time and are ready to keep traveling.
6th November 2018

Always wanted to go
You must! Yes, the Maldives are on our list but for me the Seychelles has always been significantly higher. Nothing better than Sea Therapy!
6th November 2018

SEYCHELLES
JOHN WILL HAVE TO PICK SOMETHING TO ADD TO THAT NEWLY ADDED MUST SEE.
6th November 2018

Seychelles!
Oh my gosh we miss you and John. The Seychelles are beautiful. A little slice of scenic heaven.
6th November 2018

You Guys Know How to Live...
Loved your blog, and your photos are spectacular!. As I sit here on a rainy cold blustery day in Canada, I can't help but drool over your photos & your blog. I too love those granite rock formations and am a sucker for crystal clear waters. And you had me at 'tortoise'...I LOVE these exquisite animals who may hold the key to human immortality. Happy belated birthday MJ & you guys keep up the good work! (PS Oprah turns up in my blogs all the time too. I am waiting for her to 'adopt' me, so I can partake in all these adventures I see my fellow bloggers enjoying. I'm pretty witty & fun to be around (ahem)...Not sure she wants me with a husband & 3 teens daughters but a girl can dream!) ;) The Sychelles are impressive, and it was great to go along with you.
6th November 2018

You guys know how to live...
Thank you for following along and commenting. We are much older than you and have worked hard, saved, and now time to play. Becoming a nurse is one of my smarter decisions. We can always find jobs and make a decent living which allows us to travel annually. Our friends spend lots of money on toys and we spend it on travel. We keep our cars 10+ years and do without unnecessary items. It is all about choices. The Seychelles were fabulous. Thanks for the birthday wishes. The tortoises were amazing. If we see Oprah we will put in a good word for you. Thanks again for following along.
6th November 2018

Living your dream
And feeling at home....I am glad that both Dave and MJ, you felt your comfort zone...the beach and the water. Never been to Seychelles, but sure in the bucket list...some day. The sunset pictures are gorgeous. Come home safe.
6th November 2018

Living your dream
Yes we were in our comfort zone. Keep in mind that the Seychelles is an easy flight back from Africa. It breaks up the trip. You've got time to book a flight.
7th November 2018
Each moment is different

Living in a postcard
What a wonderful way to unwind as the memories of your southern African safari wash over you...pristine beaches and vistas of the Seychelles...looks like Heaven is supposed to be. Brilliant pics. So MJ's birthday has come and gone...David grinning like a Cheshire cat as usual...ahhh...sometimes you are allowed to wonder what the poor people are doing!!!
8th November 2018
Each moment is different

The Seychelles
Dangerous Dave here.....a fabulous trip with a great ending. We even had a plunge pool on our balcony. Great pics were easy to come by it was that beautiful. Yep.....I just sit back and reflect on how lucky I am.......
7th November 2018
La Digue, Seychelles

La Digue
Spectacular
7th November 2018
La Digue, Seychelles

La Digue
Thanks David
8th November 2018

What an amazing trip you've had!!!
Such a contrast from animal safaris in southern Africa and the white sands, azure water, and granite boulders of the Seychelles. Happy birthday, MJ, as you really know how to celebrate!
8th November 2018

What an amazing trip
Yes, we planned and saved for this one for a wile. It was more special than I could have imagined. Our travel agent is from South Africa and specializes in this sort of thing. She helped make all the right decisions for us.
10th November 2018
Coco de Mer

Is 12 days enough?
We have been thinking about visiting the Seychelles. After reading your blog we want to go there even more. I really want to see a Coco de Mer before I die. Two things I'd like to ask you now that I have the chance. Is 12 days enough? Of course you can always stay longer. But we are most likely to go there around Christmas/New Year and then we will have two weeks at the most. Second question: Is it expensive there or can you find decently priced accommodation and food? /Ake
13th November 2018
Coco de Mer

Is 12 days enough?
Yes, you can find guest houses that are reasonably priced but not cheap. Yes, you can always stay longer but I felt 12 days was enough to see the 3 islands we went to. We had planned to scuba dive and in the end did not... since we didn't dive 10 days would have been enough or we would have opted to go to another island. I would like to see Cousins islands. The Coco de Mer is very cool You will be happy you went to these islands. We enjoyed all three. I would not skip any of the ones we went to.... now you may want to go to others.
12th November 2018

Living the life!
As if Africa wasn't enough! Ah, I loved the Seychelles and thanks for sharing, it brought back many memories. What a beautiful Archipelago. Looking forward to your next destination.
13th November 2018

Living the Life!!
Yes, it is always good to end at a beach and relax. The Seychelles are so beautiful and primitive. Indeed a stunning archipelago. We won't be traveling right away. Now it is time to work and save for the next adventure. Thanks for commenting. MJ
19th November 2018

You may have seduced me
We have a four day weekend coming up and I loved your blog about the Seychelles. It's a 4.5 hour flight from Dubai and I may go there. I liked the description of the Carana Beach Hotel - would it be hard to do a day trip to a nearby island? Or would I basically be confined to Mahe?
20th November 2018

May have seduced you.
Book your trip! Yes, you can do day trips to the various islands. I think the furthest island is two hours away. We liked staying on each island but you could do it either way.
19th November 2018

Somewhere warm?
Another great blog that tempts us to go somewhere warm... We may just do that? The colours in the Seychelles are amazing - such nice flowers and tasty looking food. I am craving the Mango Margarita as I sip my morning coffee - and avocados! I had almost forgotten about them. I am always thrilled to see you enjoying great food wherever you go. D
20th November 2018

Somewhere warm
I know it is your nature to thrive in the Arctic or Antarctic but you need variety. So many wonderful islands in the world. Nothing better than fresh mango. We are foodies and manage to find wonderful selections wherever we go. Thanks for commenting.
24th November 2018

Wow!
Wow! What an absolutely stunning place! Beautiful and unique vistas, such beautiful colours! A very inspiring read indeed! And what a perfect way to finish off your birthday celebration travels! I imagine indeed that the dust of the African road was well and truly washed away on the Seychelles ? Thank you for allowing me to travel on this amazing journey with you ?
24th November 2018

Wow!
The Seychelles are grand and the perfect place to relax and end a few weeks of travel. It was a great birthday trip.
2nd December 2018

Wondrous !
Magnificent colours of the ocean and beaches and the fabulous granites... surely heaven on Earth ..and no doubt well deserved , you will have worked very hard to save for this trip of a lifetime. What a splendid birthday present for you MJ. How will you top these weeks of travel experience in Africa.
3rd December 2018

Wondrous
It was a great trip. We did save a long time for this trip and our next trip. Our next trip will be in 2020 and we are going to Antarctica, Chile and Argentina. Thanks for following along.
4th February 2019
So many beaches so little time

Long time, no speak!
Hey guys, haven't been on here in ages and thought must go see what the Binkley's are up to! Amazing to see you guys have been to Seychelles! stunning photos! the granite doesn't look real.
5th February 2019
So many beaches so little time

Good hearing from you Alan,
I'll have to check and see where you've been traveling to. Seychelles was the perfect ending to our African trip & safari. You are correct that the granite does not look real. it was a marvelous place.
18th February 2019

Seychelles
I am so glad I finally went to your Blog. I love that you put in all the photos...how do you do that? Also I have been wanting to go to the Seychelles. I planned on it when I went to Maldives; then learned how far apart they were and vetoed it. I like seeing photos of the two of you. I have refrained from photos of me, usually, thinking it would be wrong? Also I enjoyed your longer blog. I looked back on my blogs and discovered that one of my shortest had 400 views. Most of my others only have 50 or so. So I decided to break up my blogs into smaller portions. Now I am re-thinking that. Hmmm. Great job.
18th February 2019

Linda
Thanks for following our blog and commenting. We usually put one photo of us per blog... no reason why. Some people put many photos of themselves. I can help you with the photos. I will private message you. The Seychelles were marvelous. Stunning beauty just like in the post cards. Experts will tell you the best blogs are about 1,000 words that after that people may not continue to read. We assume people only read a portion of each blog. As for views I find that the lead photo helps increase views. Plus it is timing on the front page. The longer it is up the more views you are likely to get. Some say a catchy title helps but in our case I'm not sure that has helped. We were in the Seychelles for two weeks and the islands were similar so we only did the one blog.... that is why it is longer than some. Although most of our Africa blogs were long because we had a lot to say. We enjoy your work. Keep blogging.
10th March 2019
Sunset on Praslin

Abendrot
I love the sunset, it reminds us that endings can be beautiful too.
10th March 2019
Sunset on Praslin

Abendrot
Thank you for commenting. Many beautiful endings in the Seychelles.
6th April 2019

WOW!
I am jealous hahaha. I hope to get there one day too. I can see that you enjoyed to the fullest! :)
6th April 2019

WOW...
What? You've never been to NYC in all your travels? It must be one of the only places you have missed. Good hearing from you and thanks for following along.
11th April 2019

hahah no, I was talking about the Seychelles (this blog entry). I have been twice to NYC :)
11th April 2019

ha ha no
Whoops! I misunderstood. You must go to the Seychelles. Lovely granite islands with clear waters and amazing people.
24th July 2019

Incredible photos!
I'll have to add it to the list!
29th July 2019

Seychelles
You will love it.
24th December 2019

Living your dream
Seychelles, especially La Digue Island .... really magical place to visit!
24th December 2019

Living the dream
Absolutely. Thanks for reading and commenting.

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 26; qc: 54; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb