B4 Blog Entry #4


Advertisement
Rwanda's flag
Africa » Rwanda
November 20th 2013
Published: November 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

What are the food customs in Rwanda, Africa?

http://www.everyculture.com/No-Sa/Rwanda.html



In the article "Culture of Rwanda", it reveals a variety of customs that the country does. It also talks about the Rwanda's religion, beliefs, social classes, trade, the food they eat, and their government. There are examples of what cultural traditions they do and the way they eat there meals or they way they eat on special occasions compare to other countries. Moreover, the article states facts from the gender roles in families to the different and limited foods the Rwandan people eat on a daily basis.

Some customs in Rwanda are very unusual compared to American customs. In Rwanda for special occasions they have a ceremonial consumption of alcohol and food. For example, in a wedding or funeral people are served formally a piece of meat and something else to eat like a potato. In addition, a pot of a certain type of beer called, sorghum is placed in the center of the room with straws in the pot, so people can drink from that one container. Also, calabashes of banana beer is past out throughout the crowd. Another custom in Rwanda is when they have daily visits. Whenever a person visits someone the host serves the guest food and a drink. However, if the guests refuses to take the offered food and drink that is consider a major insult. But usually before giving the guest the food and drink the host sips from the drink and taste the food to show that the food hasn't been poisoned and safe for consumption. Finally, when the visitors are leaving they are usually presented with food as a gift for their visit.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb