Day 10 - Nairobi to Kigali


Advertisement
Rwanda's flag
Africa » Rwanda » Ville de Kigali » Kigali
August 18th 2013
Published: June 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

The Nairobi Airport after the fire.The Nairobi Airport after the fire.The Nairobi Airport after the fire.

They have done a great job getting back up and running considering the damage.
Geo: -1.95325, 30.0587

We had an interesting flight out of the Nairobi Airport on Rwandair. Since the fire at the Nairobi Airport, the departure terminals have all been moved around. So, it took us a while to find out from what terminal we needed to check our bags. But, everything worked out fine.

We arrived at the Kigali Airport in Rwanda, and were greeted by our Natural Habitat representative. We did a quick drive through the city, including a pass by Hotel Rwanda. Then, we visited the Genocide Memorial/Museum. It was very moving and thought provoking. It is very hard to believe that something like that can happen in 1994. We found it interesting that today Rwandans do not even discuss Tutsi and Hutus "classifications" anymore, nor the classification of their ancestors.

From there, we made the 3-hour drive to Mountain Gorilla View Lodge where we just chilled out for the evening. Gorilla trekking tomorrow.

Advertisement



20th August 2013

I am officially caught up on YOUR trip. Can you please bring me back a lion cub? Duke really needs a playmate. Can't wait to hear about it!

Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb