Week II in Gisenyi - part 1


Advertisement
Rwanda's flag
Africa » Rwanda » Province de L'Ouest
September 19th 2012
Published: September 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Monday September 10

Yesterday we could stay in the motel of the ‘maraine de Evelyne’. Her maraine was already awake at 6 am to go to the daily church at 6.45 am. At 7.30 am she was back at the motel to look if we were already awake (which we were not). Eventually we woke up at 9.30 am. After a quick shower we went downstairs to return the key. The reception said we could and must take the breakfast first! We searched ourself a table and took place on it. Quickly after that the cook came in and asked if we wanted a steered egg. Yes, we said and 5 minutes later we both had one. We enjoyed the rich breakfast including eggs, bread, cornflakes, igitoki’s (bananas), maracuja, thea,…

When our stomach was filled and after a huge and big thanks to the maraine we could leave the motel. We headed uptown for some business.

Around 1.30 pm it began to rain. We were walking back to the station because I wanted to take more pictures from our short visit.
Since it began to rain we quickly stopped a cab in the middle of the road. He took us back to the ‘station’ in no time. We wanted to return early because it was a 3 hours long drive back to gisenyi.

On the road again with 6000 RWF less in the pocket, we again enjoyed the hills of Rwanda. We held a short break in a town. I knew from the way to Kigali that we could buy sambusa’s in that one shop. I tried to leave the bus as fast as possible, because everyone want to buy something over there. I bought 5 sambusa’s (1000 RWF) for on the road. Much better than the pizza we bought in Kigali (and the pine-apple and mango juice).

Back in Gisenyi, Myliam and a friend was waiting on us to accompany us back home. That night we did like every other night…

Watch a movie, Eat, Skype and SLEEP.




Tuesday September 11

we were back in Gisenyi, so it's time to go back to work.
Eve headed back to her internship with the moto after the taxi didn't show up because of car troubles. He also couldn't warn her because the telephone network was down. I went to the project to work on my lesson.
In the afternoon Myliam cooked for us. She made paste with patatoes and meat + sause. After that when the rain stopped, we visited the market to buy fabric. We wanted to make dresses for eve and shorts for me in typical african fabric. We also bought all stars for Myliam as a present, flashy orange ones. Friends of Myliam directly noticed she had new shiny shoes lol.
When we came home with the fabric - the man who makes clothes at the house where we stay - directly took all the measerments (even if it was dark). We used the flashlight on our cellphone to make some light.
Last week he said if we needed something we could come to him, so he was very happy when we actually came to him for the job.





Wednesday September 12

Early in the morning when we were 'breakfasting', we heard the clothesmaker install everything to begin with our clothes. Normally he doesn't start that early. At 07:05 am the cab called he was going to be late and that it would take another 10 minutes. Eventually he arrived at our house at 07:30 am. Eve wat at her internship at 07.45 am, way too late. In return she had to work longer. It was 01:30 pm and she still wasn't finished. Eric and me were already at his house. Finally eve and Myliam arrived and we could eat! That afternoon we worked on the blog. We also watched a movie. At night the pc had problems because we spended toooo much time on it.

So no skype and no more movies!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb