Chobe River


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia
November 10th 2013
Published: November 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Flew to Zimbabwe, then after 1 ½ hrs clearing immigration, was taken to the border and passed through Botswana and on to Namibia. Finally got into a tinny and was whisked away to join the houseboat about 1/2hr up the river. There are 4 cabins on the houseboat and we are with 6 other people from France. Spent 3 days on the river and had our own personal driver (Martin) and tinny. He took us on tours up and down the river looking at wild animals. We also went to a village and had a tour there and a personal dancing show. Saw 2 lionesses stalking a ‘pumba’ (warthog). The warthog was initially completely unaware of the danger...just diddly bopping along with not a care in the world, munching on grass. For some reason, he looked up and then bolted!! The lionesses were not impressed. All the rest of the animals were aware and watching carefully. Saw heaps of elephants and some on the last day, we even saw swimming. As they are vegetarian, after they come to the river to drink, they then eat the soil to get the extra minerals they need.


Additional photos below
Photos: 132, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.392s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0894s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb