Namibia 2016 Day 1


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Windhoek
August 3rd 2016
Published: August 3rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Well here we are again, four yeas after our last visit. 22 hours almost to the minute of traffic jams (UK only), queuing, trying to sleep on planes and waiting around in airports, we walked through the door of the Villa Vista Guesthouse.

I suppose some of you will ask: is it worth it, but from the second you are greeted by the driver at the airport you are made to feel so welcome: yes it is all worth it. The guest house is wonderful, beautifully cool, luxurious rooms, warm showers and international sockets for charging everything you can need. Outside there is a breakfast terrace and swimming pool. However, as it is winter here the pool s cold. Our driver was telling us that last week it was down to minus 9 overnight. As I write this it's 25 and sunny.

A fantastic meal this evening at NICE (National Institute of Culinary Excellence), which is where young Namibians are trained to work in the hospitality industry, so not only do we get great food, we are also contributing to the future of the tourism industry.

I am conscious that we have been to Namibia before and have deliberately not re-read our previous blogs so that this will be fresh and reflects our 2016 experiences. Apologies for any repetition!

We hope to post again soon but it is WiFi dependent.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 72; dbt: 0.1034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb