Baboons on the path!


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Waterberg
May 5th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We have left Windhoek and headed north to Waterberg Plateau. It was mainly tarred road all the way and as we predicted there was not much traffic about. We had a short drive on gravel roads and as a result the car now has an ominous sounding rattle!

The camp is really nice and we are staying in a very swish little bungalow. As there are lots of paths around the park we have spent our time walking. We took a trip up to the top of the plateau although we nearly did not make it as we got scared by a group of baboons on the way up! They suddenly appeared out of nowhere and were howling. They were much bigger than we thought and we were not sure how vicious they were. It would not do to be attacked at the beginning of the holiday! Luckily they quickly moved up to higher ground and we had the path to ourselves again. When we got to the top the views were great and we could see for miles. We could also see the baboons playing on the rocks a bit further along the plateau. They were much more fun to watch at a safer distance!

Off to Etosha tomorrow where the serious wildlife spotting begins (we hope!)

P.S. Tim wants me to point out that he had the best T-bone steak of his life at the restaurant here!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 20; qc: 79; dbt: 0.0889s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb