Cheetahs...


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Cheetah Park
May 18th 2007
Published: May 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post


May 8 Cheetah Farm
We had a great sleep and slept in a little bit late to make up for the sleepless bus ride the night before. Charlene and Pete are great hosts. They make us feel at home. Dakotah especially felt at home because there was a bird there. Unfortunately the little guy died that night. Pete, Charlene’s husband, had to go North today to help with tiling the new Orphanage so he didn’t get to come on our adventures these next few days. Today we went out to the Cheetah farm outside of Okahandja leaving late morning. We had a flat tire (or TYRE as they spell it in Namibia) on the way, fixed that up while we ate really great Pizza. We got to the Cheetah place at quarter to 4pm and they closed at 5pm. We got a personal tour to see the cheetahs that they have in the enclosures. There were 5 Cheetahs laying around. They had some really great displays in their education center. There is a lot of research done through this place. We headed home and started seeing animals, had to turn around to retrieve Megan’s purse from the center and saw many other animals on the road. The sun was going down over the horizon. There were some really exciting times as we tried to take photos out the car window and the animals were just running around crazy. We ordered pizza on the way back and had pizza for dinner that night too.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb