Seal of approval


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Cape Cross
May 3rd 2009
Published: June 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 13 (Sunday 03-May-09, JRJ)

Up at 7am for breakfast. Got on the road just after 9 cos Benji had a few problems. Got to Cape Cross at around 10:30 to see the smelly seals. Probably one of the worst smells ever! Even worse than Natalie after a Lamb Bhuna!

Stopped for lunch at roadside next to a road sign riddled with bullet holes - very comforting! Not long after lunch we arrived at Brandberg White Lady Lodge & Campsite. Put our tents up and went for a short drive to a National monument site to go see the White Lady cave paintings. The cave paintings were about an hours walk from the car park through quite rough terrain. On the way to paintings, we encountered a troop of chacma baboons, horned viper, loads of birds and a few rock hyraxes. While on the walk, I confiscated the camera from Natalie because she was taking too many photo's! At the rate we are going, we are going to have about a million photos by the time we end our travels.

At our campsite there were open-roofed toilets and showers. Didn't get a chance to use the showers but the open air dump was quite an experience! After our evening meal of rice and chicken, the White Lady Song and Dance Troop came to give a performance to our group. They were a bunch of locals who created their own routines and sang songs about various things (including one about soft drinks - Coca Cola and Fanta). As predicted - I was dragged up to dance! Great!

Got to bed about 9pm.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb