For YOUR eyes only. yes YOURS.


Advertisement
Mozambique's flag
Africa » Mozambique » Southern » Tofo
April 7th 2007
Published: April 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hola!
Yes onto a portugese speaking country! SO whats happened since my last entry? Well we did the trek...well a rather depleted number of us as Eliza and J.D were unwell and Storm also opted out. So Rob (assistant leader) had to stay behind at a backpackers with them while me, Laura, Alex, Jon, other Alex, Abby and Dave (leader) went trekking in Malalotja reserve! It was beautiful and not TOO much hard work! We spent a total of 3 nights out there, and most days were fine until the last day which was the hardest walk ive ever done and hopefully WILL ever do!! about ten million mountain/hills to climb - with a massive backpack on.....NOT good! But it was very rewarding!

So the trek spelled the end of our time in Swaziland - about 7 weeks! So it was quite sad to leave. We set off on Friday the 30th March from Legends backpackers in the ezulwini valley straight to Maputo (capital of Mozambique). We stayed here for two nights, sampling a local eatery on the first night and the fish market on the second - this was cool! You go to the market, pick your very very fresh fish, and then you take it to one of the little restaurant places by it and they cook it all up for you! Had a bit of a seafood feast of prawns, baracuda, calamari (not the battered kind, the proper kind!) and some other stuff that I can't remember! Delicious. Maputo is a cool city and has come a long way considering the civil war of only 15 years ago! Found a very random Chinese hypermarket thing in the middle of the town which sold ssooooo much cool stuff!! Really wierd. And I went a bit crazy at the market - love bartering!!

So we left Maputo on Sunday the 1st April (happy birthday Arthur!) and headed off on an 8 hour journey to Tofo beach near a town called Inhambane. The journey was very crowded and involved lots of swerving of potholes made by land mines. But we got here safely! So yeah we've been staying at a backpackers on the beach for 6 nights now, and are here until Tuesday! I've done an openwater scuba diving course and am now qualified! Woo! I love diving its sooo amazing! Like another world. Have seen Manta rays which are awesome creatures, and hope to see some whale sharks on Monday when i go snorkling to find them! Hurray. Theres plenty of nice seafood here, obviously, and its just an all round ace place to be! There's a nice scattering of bars along the beach serving all sorts of cocktails mmmmm!! Actually I better say bye for now as I have to go to a bar called Dinos and sample what delights they have to offer!

So I'll love you and leave you and update everyone again soon!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb