Day 17: Casablanca, Rabat and Tangier – The rainy bus ride to Tangier!


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Tangier-Tétouan » Tangier
November 1st 2015
Published: April 8th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We woke early that morning to continue our journey to Tangier. The day was perfect for a bus journey as it was rainy and cold. Unfortunately, one of our group members woke up late and did not make the bus. She had to come by train and meet us later at the hotel in Tangier.



We made a quick stopover in Casablanca, where we had an early lunch at McDonalds. It was the only restaurant open at that time on Sunday. Then we stopped at the Hassan 2nd Mosque, where we took some pictures of the Mosque from across the street before boarding back on the bus.



Then it was off to Rabat, the capital of Morocco. When we arrived in Rabat we headed to the Mausoleum of Mohammed V. The Mausoleum of Mohammed V is a historical building that contains the tombs of the Moroccan king and his two sons, late King Hassan II and Prince Abdallah. There were guards at the entrance and we were quickly escorted out of the Mausoleum. I’m not sure if we were allowed inside the Mausoleum or if there was a function going on.



Our final stop was the port city of Tangier, where we will be taking the ferry the next day into Spain. We headed over to the coastal area, where we took pictures from the northernmost edge of Morocco. A couple of people rode camels along the beach, but it was way too cold and rainy for it to be enjoyable. Besides, the view and area was not particularly spectacular to warrant a camel ride.





Our final stop was our hotel for the night, where we freshened up, had a great dinner and hung out at the hotel bar. Tomorrow we head to Seville via Gibraltar.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0807s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb