Welcome to Tangier


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Tangier-Tétouan » Tangier
October 2nd 2006
Published: October 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The KasbahThe KasbahThe Kasbah

with a groub of tourist.
Tangier is situated in the north-west of Africa,it's the nearest point to Spain(15 km).In the 17 th century it was the diplomatic capital of Morrocco,actualy the summer capital.It history goes up to the prehistorical era,the local people are called the BERBERS.the first foreign visitor to it were the FHONICIANS,then the CARTHAGINIANS and later the ROMANS.The arabes took possession of it in the 7th century.From the 15 th to the 17 th century,it was ruled successivily by,Portugal,Spain and England.In 1923 it became an international city with a special statut ruled by 9 Occidental countries.In 1956,date of the independance from the french and spanish protections,Tangier was unified to the kingdom of of Morrocco.
It population is a mixture of people,Berbers,Arabs,jewish and christians.Famous people from all over the world lived in it,like Malcom Forbes,Paul Bowls,Henri Matisse,Delacroix and many others..The great explorer Ibn Batouta(14 century) was Born in it old Medina.It climat is mild (average of 13 c° in the winter to 23 C° in the summer).
To visit this legendary town please contact me at : m_merrouch@yahoo.com


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

FolkloreFolklore
Folklore

The summer festival in Tangier with a folkloric traditional music group called (Gnaoua).
MonumentMonument
Monument

Historical monument visit with a group of tourists.
CouscousCouscous
Couscous

the national plate.
BarbaraBarbara
Barbara

Barbara Houston'house in the Medina,Tangier.
visiting the kasbahvisiting the kasbah
visiting the kasbah

The main place of the Kasbah,the sultan's Palace,the ancien court and jail 17th century,Tangier
Cafe Baba Cafe Baba
Cafe Baba

the inside of the famous cafe Baba.
The famous cafe Baba in TangierThe famous cafe Baba in Tangier
The famous cafe Baba in Tangier

This is the entrance of the famous cafe Baba in the old Medina of Tangier,it was founded in 1943,and during the 70's,hippies from all over the world use to meet here.
the beachthe beach
the beach

One of the small beaches on the outline of Tangier called "Mrissat".
The famous cafe Baba in TangierThe famous cafe Baba in Tangier
The famous cafe Baba in Tangier

This is the entrance of the famous cafe Baba in the old Medina of Tangier,it was founded in 1943,and during the 70's,hippies from all over the world use to meet here.


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb