3 days and 2 nights in the desert


Advertisement
Published: August 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Photo 9Photo 9Photo 9

Bereber guiding

Just one word to describe what we saw and experience during 3 days and 2 nights: IMPRESSIVE. I did not have any preconceived idea of what the desert would be like, but I never thought the landscape would amaze me so much. I did not consider myself a desert-lover person before, but this trip totally changed my mind!

We went into a tour with 10 more people- total strangers which after a few hours in the mini.bus and the shared ccouscous during the stops become fellow travellers. Real nice and varied group- there were actually people from the 5 continents!

The route was Atlas Valley- Kasbashs tour- Dades Valley and Gorge- Todra Gorge- Merzouga-Dunes-camel ride- back to Marrakech. Quite long drives, to be honest, with a crazy driver speeding in the winding roads of the Atlas and giving the bike riders near-death experiences,all accompanied by mind-blowing (in the bad sense) moroccan music pumping up in the stereo. Also it must be said that the camel trip along the dunes and the night in the tents sounds exotic but was not so much fun. 1,5 hours camel ride leaves your bum in pain and your head a bit dizzy, and then imagine sleeping covered in the same blanket that you were sitting on the camel, hearing all sorts of ¨suspicios¨noises and being woken up at 4 am to see the sunrise. You actually cant see much coz your eyes are still closed and wish you could sleep for a few more hours instead of being on a camel AGAIN a 5 am...

Still, we took some patience, had good laughs about it and made the most of it. I personally stil loved the whole experience. Gorgeous colors (blue sky-reddish rocks- light green palm trees of the oasis) and changing forms and nature. There was definitely something magical about that places.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb