Marrakesh


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz » Marrakech
December 26th 2014
Published: December 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The Riad Naya where we are staying is a bit run down. It's an old building, the room has odd smell. The attached bathroom really is just behind a partition in the room, with no door, and I think the smell is partly because of that. The owner does not live here, it's run by 2 guys who are really nice, but it's not the same as family run Riads we heard about.
We spent the day walking in Marrakech, site seeing, getting lost in the streets. We saw a mosque and then Bahia palace which is impressive. Then we shopped around a bit for a tour to Imlil. Originally we wanted to walk this on our own but later decided to hire a guide to take care of the logistics.
Lunch was at a nice restaurant with terrace. We had a nice tagine there, nothing like the tasteless stuff we had at the square yesterday. We also had an interesting Moroccan spring roll filled with vegetables, then some Moroccan sweets. Finally we spent some more time at the square people watching, and then back to hotel.
Off to Imlil tomorrow.



A word of caution about booking Imlil tour - the agency we booked with was quite useless. He found a contact / guide and told that person we just want a day tour, though we paid for 3 days 2 nights. We had to sort that out over phone from Imlil and were lucky that the guide was free and was able to arrange the 2 day (instead of original 3 day) tour for us. Otherwise we probably would have just lost the money. We went back to confront the person we booked with in Marrakesh and he acted as if he could not understand what was wrong. 2 lessons learnt - either book from a reputed firm, or don't pay full amount in advance, keep some to pay after you meet the guide and everything is arranged as promised. This agent was next to Earth Cafe sign in one of the lanes. See the photos below to stay away from our agent.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



30th December 2014
kasbah mosque

Mosque
Lovely architecture.

Tot: 0.291s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0678s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb