Last couple of days


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz » Marrakech
November 16th 2009
Published: November 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well after the trekking in the mountains we decided to just spend the last couple of days chilling and relaxing in the sunshine. We went to the new water park just outside of Marrakech, luckily (yep luckily) as it was out of season most of it was closed but what was open was the lovely peaceful 'quiet pool' where we spent the day just soaking up the rays and swimming, no children, no noise it really was bliss. The whole place was very well set out and I can imagine that it would be a brilliant place to take children in the main season.

We then went back to our hotel where we met up with a couple that we're staying at our hotel(Jean & Bob) and the 4 of us went out for a few drinks and a meal. We found a very cosmopolitan place called 'Keshmarra' where their was live folk music playing. We then went to the Enlish bar called 'Churchills' lovely place with swimming pool on the roof but at £7 a pint we decided to just have the one.

We ended the night at what could only be described as a very local Morrocan night club that was just opposite our hotel and as we stood out like sore thumbs as tourists after just a couple of drinks we decided to call it a night.

The week in Marrakech was very varied and I do think we done most thing even things that I haven't had time to mention in this blog like visiting all the local tourist spots. The highlight of the week had to be the trekking that was an experience that I wouldn't have missed and would fully recommend though a bit of advice! when we started to price it up it was £220 each but after asking round we finally booked it with the guy on reception in the hotel and got it for £110 each, half price so dont take the first price offered.

The hotel was lovely only downside was that the pool didn't get the sun for very long so when you did want to just relax and chill it had to be either in your room or outside a cafe bar.

The people in Marrakech are lovely (especially Mickey our barman) and will do absolutely anything to help you and although you do get pestered in the Souks they do love a good old barter and can be knocked down to just a fraction of their opening prices.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb