Colourful Marrakesh Part 2...


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz » Marrakech
February 6th 2007
Published: February 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

DAY 5


Had breakfast after 8ish and this time round we actually saw other people in our Riad eating breakfast. There was also a man leaving and I remembered him from the night when we were eating at the Market Food Stalls, because he was sitting behind me. He was from Strassburg, but he lived in France. He was traveling on this own but when he originally booked tickets there was supposed to be more people. Good to see nothing stopped him.

We made our way to Ensamble Artisale and did last minute shopping. We found that the things here were less expensive then the souks, but the again, we were just probably really bad at haggling!!! I got my name written in Arabic! We dropped off our stuff to the Riad, then made our way to the Fena to go back to Chez Chegrouni (AGAIN) for our last lunch. We decided it was better to go somewhere familiar then somewhere where we didn’t like the food. Thanks Lonely Planet fir the recommendation!!!

We took a horse carriage to Musee de Marrakesh which was amazing, then walked over to Qoubha which looked like an old church. Then lastly we went to Medersa Ben Youssef which was the best out of the three. It reminded me of pictures I had seen of the Alhambra in Granada, Spain. It was absolutely stunning and the details were amazing!!! The restoration work they did was excellent. When you went upstairs to the small room spaces, it was hard to believe that they would cram 3-5 people in these small spaces.

The horse carriage was waiting for us outside and he took us to Palais de la Bahia. We had paid 300DH in total for the horse carriage transport, which is a lot, but it was worth it! It was nice seeing Marrakesh in the open then having to walk everywhere all the time!!! Plus the weather happened to be amazing this day.

The Bahia Gardens was all I expected, but I can imagine that back in the days the gardens were even more amazing without any faults of broken tiles or anything else!!! The details of the tiles were fantastic even if they were old!!! So many different details every corner. The gardens were pretty nice as well.

We ended our day going to Stylia Restaurant. It was a 5* star restaurant which was amazing!!! What’s New??? It was very expensive, but we weren’t paying for it, so we didn’t have to worry about money that evening. We had 5 courses, a bit similar to Dar Zjielli, but nicer. The details in this restaurant compared to Dar Zjielle were very different! There was more detailing to look at and even the table chairs had detailing to it which was nice. I was very impressed with the ceiling and columns!!! We were discussing how long it would take someone to actually cut out all the details and in such a big place (which we found out used to a house)!

We headed back to our Riad to do some last minute packing and Silv & I finished off our game of poker. I won this game, but I should point out that Silvia won the other 2 games we played earlier on in the week.


DAY 6


Day for leaving!!!! Sad to leave!!! Today was quite cloudy, but that’s probably because Morocco doesn’t want to see us go!!! Ha ha ha…. We took a cab to the airport, because it was cheaper! The Riad was charging us 75dirhams each and the cab was only 100 dirhams between us. Check in was quick and easy and there was no fainting on this flight!!!

Coming into London Luton, it felt so depressing because the runway was all foggy and the weather tooooooo cold!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



6th February 2007

ROCK THE KASBA - it reminded of that song by the clash (i think it's by the clash?!) loving the photos as always x
7th February 2007

x
love the pictures they all look amazing and beautiful lots of colours, my favourite one is the waterfalls very romantic x x x love mac
8th February 2007

Beautiful photos
Hi sweetie, I love your pictures they are really good!! You can take my wedding photos when the time comes! Glad you had a great time they all look lovely... so whens the next trip? Hehehe... speak to you soon Love You Ate Reina
8th February 2007

Loving the Pics.........awwwwwwwwwwww

Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 22; qc: 94; dbt: 0.0854s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb