A Six Month Odyssey


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz » Marrakech
February 3rd 2020
Published: February 3rd 2020
Edit Blog Post

MarrakeshMarrakeshMarrakesh

Stained glass reflected on wood
2nd Feb 2020

Marrakesh

We've had a great morning with city guide Mustafa and visited Bahia palace, the Jewish quarter, the mosques, before meeting up with Hamid and Aissa and heading to the Musèe Berbère Jardin Majorelle, and then to the Carrefore for a bottle of wine.....well two bottles of wine and a bottle of whisky.Nice quiet dinner down the road and a bottle of wine on the rooftop terrace at the hotel is a nice way to round off the day. I daresay the other bottle will end up there tomorrow night.

3rd Feb 2020

Marrakesh

A free day on our own today so we headed back to the Jewish quarter for a better look, and then we took off down another road which turned out to lead to the tanneries and as we're heading there, of course we end up following some ' well meaning' tannery worker right through the door of a predetermined tannery and then the nearby leather shop.Oh well, we didnt have anything else to do this morning. As we left, the man who took us from the tannery to the shop is demanding a payment for taking us there. Of course he does, but his mistake was telling me it was no charge, so when Shane, alias Knackers/Mustafa, tells him no, he isn't a happy man. I had a Hammam and massage scheduled at 3pm for 75 mins which ends up being almost 2 hrs. It was beautiful. Laying on a slab of scalding hot marble is a little uncomfortable to begin with, however I soon began to relish the soaps, the exfoliation, the mask, the hair shampoo and oils, along with the multitude of buckets of water thrown all over me to wash me off. (Now I know what its like to be an elephant being washed in the Mekong river by tourists)! The massage following this with a beautiful orange scented oil is magnificent. I can leave Morocco refreshed and reenergised for our next stop tomorrow, Turkey. Shane says: Whilst madam has her massage, I quietly read a book and have a couple of nice drams of scotch.

Marrakesh, well what can one say???? Not my favourite place in Morocco. Not even close. Just a bustling, mad, big city which is lacking any colour or charm of other cities we have visited. That's my opinion and that's what they're paying me for. ???


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Marrakesh Marrakesh
Marrakesh

Jardin Marjorelle
MarrakeshMarrakesh
Marrakesh

Jardin Marjorelle


Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0628s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb