week 13, 14 and 15 Marrakech, Agadir, Tiznit, Guelmin, Plaqe Blanche and Sidi Ifni


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Guelmim » Tan-Tan
January 1st 2014
Published: January 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


With all of us placed in Kenzi Farah Hotel in Marrakech, we were looking forward to a relaxing week celebrating Christmas. We had arranged a few guided tours. First we went for camel riding, quite fun and also visiting a berber home with tea. Next a tour to Ourika valley in the Atlas mountains also visiting the berber population and expiring their way of life.

When we finally moved out of the hotel and got home again it was with a good feeling, the discussions with the management in our home is much more easy life, than all the discussions and arguing with hotel personnel. Communication lines in our travel home is much more efficient and direct.

The road brought us then to Agadir, an almost european looking town, with a beach promenade, a nice beach and hotels. As this town is south of the Atlas mountains it seemed that the temperatures is a little bit higher, than in Marrakech and Casablanca.

After a cold that kept us more or less in bed and inside our home for a full week we headed for Tiznit, and stayed at Riad Assallaf. A very nice privately owned Riad with a motorhome parking incorporated. We had tajine served daily direct to our car, and on the day we thought was our last in Tiznit, we were invited to tea and overlooking a Morrocan wedding. The wedding took two days so we had to stay another night.

Next stop was Guelmin and another Riad at the Thermal Baths in Abandoy. Tajine served in our car. We are getting used to the service.

Finally we reached Plage Blanche which became our South and westernmost stop on this visit to Morrocco.



Few secluded beaches take more effort to get to than Plage Blanche, where the Sahara meets the sea.

Backed by rolling dunes, the beach is 25 miles long, and for now about the only thing you’ll see on it is an occasional fisherman, a couple of hard-core surfers.(For those specially interested N 28º 57.818' W 010º 36.120'😉

It is not advisable to go into Western Sahara due to conflicts and the security for tourists are not guaranteed. On Plage Blance we stayed for two days enjoying the wild and quiet nature. Here we enjoyed a homemade tajine with camel meat together with new friends from Sweden.
Full taxiFull taxiFull taxi

Heading towards the souk
We had to leave in a hurry as the wind from Sahara had gusts of approx 25m/s, and the beginning of a sandstorm. We arrived then in Sidi Ifni on the coast further north but more protected from the south/eastern wind.


Additional photos below
Photos: 52, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Theodor jumping in the poolTheodor jumping in the pool
Theodor jumping in the pool

It was a quick stay in the pool, only 18
Theodor, Linda and Ali BabaTheodor, Linda and Ali Baba
Theodor, Linda and Ali Baba

Xmas surprise, a camel ride
 To Timbuktu To Timbuktu
To Timbuktu

never say never
EnjoyEnjoy
Enjoy

The blue color looks good on Linda


Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb