DAYS 1 -2 ARRIVE CASABLANCA MOROCCO


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Grand Casablanca » Casablanca
November 12th 2016
Published: November 14th 2016
Edit Blog Post

12-13 Nov 2016DAYS 1 -2 ARRIVE CASABLANCA MOROCCO

After 2 glorious autumn days in London catching up with our sons and reacquainting myself to some the marvelous museums in London , Kieran & I left for a organised two week tour of Morocco. Arrived a day prior to the start of the tour to briefly explore Casablanca as it’s not part of the trip. Despite the exotic connotation to the name Casablanca, it’s now a vast modern city with the usual traffic congestion and few redeeming attractions for tourists.

As it was a Sunday everything was shuttered up & was a very subdued aftmosphere. Spent the early part of the day walking through the medina (or old town) but was pretty underwhelmed as shops were mostly selling cheap Chinese imports. We then headed to the Hassan II Mosque, a vast modern structure that dominates its surrounding costal site.

After further walking along the beachfront Corniche we had to figure out how to get back to the hotel through the maze of tiny streets through the Medina but a directions map app Kieran downloaded was invaluable and eliminated all the stress.

Met the other trippers at an evening briefing. 16 in all with 5 male & 11 female and covering a vast range of age groups. Mostly American, 2 Canadians, us 2 Aussies, a Swiss, German, Brit. The guide outlined an exciting & tiring trip ahead before our first group meal to start to get to know one another.

The Hotel Maamoura was a comfortable stay.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb