Fes


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Fès-Boulemane » Fes
May 21st 2013
Published: May 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today, Dave and I decided we wanted to check out the 2nd largest city in Morocco - Fes. Mike decided he wanted to get back to Spain so Dave and I took the train to Fes from Marrakech at 9am (just about made it as it as per usual - Dave is now known as 'Mr Faffy' or 'Faffy number 2' by the way).

It was a 7 hour train ride, however took longer as we were delayed by an hour and a half due to an accident - the train had hit a car! :-/

Coming out of the station was lovely and sunny. It also was very much cleaner and less polluted than Marrakech and not a donkey in site!

There was less hassle from the people and we enjoyed a stroll around the old medina. This one more organised than Marrakech, it had all it's stalls organised into categories - silver wear, mobile phones, carpets, fabrics, spices (so you would walk down one winding alleyway and see silver wear stalls - we counted at least a dozen haha).

We found a restaurant where we sat on the top terrace which over looked the old part of the city and tried a traditional Moroccan dish - Pastilla. This was very odd as it was sweet with savoury (Please wiki to find out if interested).

Trying to get back to our hostel was a bundle of laughs NOT. We got lost through the alley ways and ended up doing a circle back to where we came from lol. We are a pair I tell ya!

After our stay in funky fes, we decided we needed to get back to Spain. I had pretty much been in the same clothes for 6 days (with one trouser change). Arriving back at the Melting Pot was a nice relief, plus we had an 8 bed dorm to ourselves. We stayed one more night after that and we met a group of American and Canadian girls who were lovely, however we have now moved on to Puerto Santa Maria (24/05/13).

Advertisement



28th May 2013

Travel
Love the blog Charlie! Looking forward to read about your adventures! Have fun taffy! :-)

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb