5 of Our Favourite Places from Our Holiday in Morocco


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco
March 30th 2015
Published: March 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Have you ever travelled in any African nation? Want to plan one? Since tourism is an important sector to Morocco’s economy, why not visit there? Read on as I take you to the best places in Morocco to spend your precious vacation.



Djemaa El fna

This place is very interesting as it transforms from a main square to an open air theater. During daytime, the square is filled with snake charmers or persons with monkeys, numerous juice stalls, henna tattoo artists and water sellers. In the evening, it gets more crowded while the snake charmers depart and more magicians, story tellers, acrobats, musicians and dancers entertain the people. Later on the night, more food stalls and crowd flock the place. Because of its everyday active traditional activities, it is recognized by UNESCO as Masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity. Really unique place, isn’t it?



Chefchaouen

Have you been to a place full of buildings and houses in shades of blue? Well, in Chefchaouen , every corner you look, you will be greeted with blue. Also known as the Blue Pearl, it is popular among visitors because of its laid back feel. Wandering around with a great view in the Rif Mountains, you would really forget the crowded cities back home. To relieve stress, shop native products, such as wool clothing and woven blankets, that are found only here. Also, goat cheese and cannabis are popular in the Blue City.



High Atlas

The tallest mountain range in Morocco, High Atlas is the perfect place for outdoor lovers may it be snow sports during winter or hiking during summer. Max from Lawrence of Morocco told us to visit and if you are dying for a quiet place to relax, visit Todra Gorge that has pink and orange colored rock walls. On the edge of the mountain stands Ait Benhaddou, a UNESCO World Heritage. It has appeared in several movies that has long attracted tourists. The Mud Brick city is one of the most unique places in the world. Meanwhile, the Ouzoud Waterfalls soothes your mind and gives a great spot not only for swimming but camping, as well. Too many worthy activities don’t you think?



Volubilis

A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Volubilis is a well-preserved Roman colonial town. Visit the basilica and the Capitoline Temple and relive the Roman empire thousands of years ago. The Arch of Caracalla was built by the former city governor in honor of Emperor Caracalla and his mother but were both murdered upon the completion of the arch. You would really be amazed by the great architecture of the buildings here.



Erg Chebbi

Want to ride a camel in the desert? This has got to be one of your bucket list right? The orange colored sand in Erg Chebbi has attracted more tourists to visit the place. Of course, you wouldn’t want to miss dune surfing or camel trekking. Or you may just sit and enjoy the sand while enjoying the view of the desert. On warmer seasons, you have to try to be buried neck-deep by the hot sand. This practice has gained popularity because it can ideally heal rheumatism. Oh, don’t forget your cameras and smile!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 18; dbt: 0.0246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb