Cheap Service for Dayflower, new pictures online and preparing Pappa visit and Reunion


Advertisement
Mauritius' flag
Africa » Mauritius
February 8th 2007
Published: February 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Joachim doing Scuba ReviewJoachim doing Scuba ReviewJoachim doing Scuba Review

Remember to never hold your breath...
Got Dayflower serviced
Changing oil, cleaning air filter and spark plugs, replacement of oil filter and tension adjustment of belts.
Parts and oil £10
Labour: £1.50
So bring your car and get it serviced down here!

Divemaster and Diving
Divemaster not done but we diving and learning a lot. We still have one more theory exam to do and some practical tests, but guess we have changed from London mode to island mode, so no rush as long as we complete before we fly out to Thailand in March.

Diving is still very good. Nina even saw five dolphins on the safety stop at 5m the other day. Dolphins underwater are just amazing. I did not get any pictures though as Joachim had the camera at another site.

New pictures online
We have finally got around to uploading some pictures to flickr. They are pictures from our trip with MUG to Flic en Flac as well as pictures from our life above water on the island. We are currently uploading pictures from underwater, but this will take some time. Will let you know when it is completed. Oh, and this time Nina has added comments and descriptions to most of the pictures.

Link to our pictures online: www.flickr.com/photos/ninapedersen/sets

Going to Reunion
We have booked our trip to Reunion so we will be skydiving very soon and we are both very excited. We are spending a long weekend on the island and are planning not only free flying but also hiking to the top of the volcano which is over 3000m.

Booking a place to stay in Reunion
Trying to find a cheap place to stay in Reunion was not as easy as we thought. Our guide book is from 2006, but it is already outdated and many websites and email addresses are not working. In addition, Nina the non-Francophone could not understand much from few working the French websites. After trying to get the booking done online, Joachim the Canadian trained French speaker phoned a place to book, but only got a answering machine with a voice giving a number in French. So then we wait…

“4 hrs after I wrote the first paragraph we actually got a response to one of our emails. We will be staying at this lovely little place, Hotel le Tamarin” So we are all sorted and happy happy!
Trolly with trolly dollyTrolly with trolly dollyTrolly with trolly dolly

We move this back and forth from the water to the centre up to 6 times a day.

Pappa will visit soon
Pappa arriving in one week, so we better get started cleaning and tidying the flat. He is visiting at a good time as there are two large events during his stay, one is Chinese New Year and the other is Maha Shivaratree. The last one is the largest Hindu festival celebrated outside India; not sure how close we can get to the main event as there are hundreds of thousands of people making their way up to lake Grand Bassin.

Oh got a few more pictures of some buses 😊

Take care folks and spk soon!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Super Copter and Modern Talking Super Copter and Modern Talking
Super Copter and Modern Talking

Just had to post a few more bus pictures.


Tot: 0.366s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 74; dbt: 0.0813s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb