Another relaxing day but still plenty to enjoy.


Advertisement
Mauritius' flag
Africa » Mauritius
February 15th 2020
Published: February 15th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 15th February

For Valentines dinner last night we sat under a thatched roof with the sand beneath our feet, those on the beach had to scatter a few times, just as the rain showers scattered too. We were glad we chose a table under the thatched roof.

The evening was enjoyable but service was very very slow which was a shame because when the drinks & food finally arrived it was beautifully presented and tasted delicious. It was a set 5 course menu which was presented on a personalised scroll with the words “I love you, not only for what you are but for what I am when I am with you” .

Although each course was small we skipped the risotto and the chocolate dessert as we were feeling quite full.



There were plenty of red heart decorations all around the beach and tables were understated with red lights. A few fireworks added to the evening and ladies were presented with a single red rose.



Saturday - another take it easy day!

After after a late breakfast, we sat for a while in the sunshine, David relaxing and me reading my book “Becoming” Michelle Obama, then decided to go and have a wander around the extensive hotel grounds which took me from one end to the other!



During our first couple of days here we had experienced some short but very sharp showers which we very nearly got drenched in.

We have discovered since that a barometer is not needed here, if the cushions are out on the chairs & sofas outside then that’s a sign the rain is not due & the weather will be dry. Fingers crossed those cushions stay out for the duration of our holiday.



I started my stroll today from the front entrance of the hotel, passed the car park and along the pathways close to where our original allocated room was.

There were plenty of colourful shrubs along the meandering pathways and I was lucky to catch a photo of one of the pretty little orange birds that are usually too quick to photograph.



I reached the beach and the view doesn’t disappoint, the beautiful turquoise lagoon with the little boats bobbing about. Quite magical.

It is never crowded here and whilst most people are sunbathing a few are in the warm sea and like me yesterday waist high despite being some way out from the shore.

The seaweed on the black coral rocks gave wonderful textures and reminded me of wet hair.

The water sport centre soon came into view, I checked out the timings for the glass bottom boat which is part of the all inclusive package so will probably give it a go next week.

It was time to return to David and continue with my read.

The time seems to slip away and it was soon time for our light lunch. The Indigo restaurant is buffet for breakfast, lunch & dinner. A good choice of food and very attentive staff but for dinner we prefer to visit either the Italian restaurant (still part of our inclusive package) or La Plage an a la carte restaurant on the beach and where we enjoyed last nights Valentines event.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 24


Advertisement















Tot: 0.738s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 40; dbt: 0.3301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb