A busy day doing nothing !


Advertisement
Mauritius' flag
Africa » Mauritius
February 12th 2020
Published: February 13th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday 12th February

Today we feel we can really relax and start our holiday, Monday was a tiring day after the 11 hour flight on Sunday, yesterday we changed rooms so the day was a bit disjointed but this morning we awoke to what we thought was going to be a very windy and overcast day. The palm trees outside our room was swaying very strongly.

I read on the local weather station that a cyclone was approaching.!

Yesterday we experienced quite a few short sharp rain showers.



What a difference today turned out to be!



We found a nice spot in partial shade just back from the beach & not far from our room.

I took a wander along the shoreline to the far edge of the hotel. The lagoon was a picture with beautiful tones of turquoise and in the distance the waves could be seen crashing onto the reef.

Coral clung to the roots of palm trees that had eroded over the years, people were enjoying the warm Indian Ocean and after my wander I planned on taking a dip too.



As I wandered back along the pathways of the hotel I passed the area where masseurs were tempting people to have a relaxing massage or other spa treatments, and an area where wicker cocoons could be hired for the day.



I pass a small family of cats frolicking amongst the foliage in playful mood, they looked clean and healthy so I guess the hotel or it’s guests make sure they are well cared for.

It was soon time for my dip in the sea, it was so shallow; I waded out for several meters and it was still only waist high but in the crystal clear water you could see lots of small colourful fish darting about.

We spent the afternoon around the swimming pool area in the shade, met our tour representative and booked a visit to Pamplemoose Botanical Gardens for Friday.

It’s been a busy day doing nothing which we topped off with a meal in the Italian restaurant.

The cyclone never appeared and so we were able to sit outside enjoying the ambience of the hotel listening to the local musicians.

Yes, I think we could get used to this place.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb