My Nineth Day in Mauritius:)


Advertisement
Mauritius' flag
Africa » Mauritius » Port Louis
May 30th 2012
Published: April 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Casino in ChinatownCasino in ChinatownCasino in Chinatown

The Casino in ChinaTown
Today we woke up at 7.00am and went to the hotel restaurant for breakfast, I got bacon and scrambled eggs and Carmen got croissants with jam and cream. We both had at least 4 glasses of watermelon juice each! We left at 9.00am and tried to decide what to do for the day. After an hour of searching on the internet we decided to go to China Town.

The little shops were as big as a corridor and there were heaps of them, you could get anything you needed, such as dolls, oriental food and spices, nail and hair accessories and heaps more. You can easily experience their culture and there is even a casino. We met lots of friendly people and i bought a lot of hair and nail accessories. It was very crowded and almost everybody spoke Chinese except for one person in each shop or stall.

We left at 2.00pm and then we went to a beauty salon and I got my hair permanently straightened for $40.00 and Carmen got her hair coloured for $30.00. We then went to Nando's and got some spicy chilli chicken and chips. When we were done it was 5.00pm so
Entrance to ChinatownEntrance to ChinatownEntrance to Chinatown

The Entrance to Chinatown was ver tall
we went back to the hotel and decided to look on eBay for a while as we were bored and had no idea of what we could do. I put 12 items on my watch list then I said I could get dinner while Carmen goes for a shower.

I walked out the room and walked into the streets and got some fried rice and noodle stir-fry from a Chinese takeout place and left. I got back and Carmen just got out of the shower. I went for a quick shower and then we ate. We stayed up late watching 'The Big Bang Theory' and then went to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Parade In ChinatownParade In Chinatown
Parade In Chinatown

While we were there a parade started and it was amazing


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb