My First Day in Mauritius:)


Advertisement
Mauritius' flag
Africa » Mauritius » Port Louis
May 23rd 2012
Published: March 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our hotelOur hotelOur hotel

Our beautiful hotel, Belle Mare.
Carmen and I got off of the plane at 10.45am, I had never felt so hot in my life. The sun was so bright and i could feel my skin sizzling straight away. We walked through security and the guard gave Carmen a frisk search. She was clear and we made our way. Wed tried to hail a cab but other passengers from the flight took all them. We were waiting for 20 minutes for the taxi company to send one out, so we just walked.

On the way to our hotel we saw a lot of the beautiful features of the islands capital. The locals were very friendly and welcoming to us and showed us around and even walked us to the hotel. When we arrived we said good bye and then gave them all a hug. Walking through the gates we could see the perfect clear pool and the magnificent gardens flourishing with native wildlife.

We went to reception and checked in, the woman showed us our room key and gave us a brochure for all of the phone numbers we will need. She then showed us to our room. She said goodbye and we started opening the door. Our room was very big, we had a single bed and a king sized bed, we unpacked while negotiating who will sleep where

When we were done we went to go explore around the hotel. Before we got to the pools we went to reception again to grab some towels. When we got there we put our stuff down and went in the pool, we swam for around 2 hours, until our fingers got wrinkly. We then sat by the pool and tanned for the rest of the day.

That night we ordered room service. Carmen got chicken curry and I got Spaghetti Bolognese. The dinner was served by three women, as all the men are just handymen. We soon after went for a shower and put on a movie, even though we fell asleep straight away.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb