A days work in Mauritius


Advertisement
Mauritius' flag
Africa » Mauritius » Moka » Floréal
February 18th 2005
Published: February 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Photos for a site I didPhotos for a site I didPhotos for a site I did

This is a shot of the "famous church" in Cap Malheureux. to be uloaded on www.mauritiusgreetings.com. It reminds of the serenity in Mauritius after a cyclone has blown through with cyclonic eye!
Driving down to Port Louis, in the extended rush hour, normally until 9:30 am but when it rains, and because money is scarce for the majority of the population in Mauritius, car tyres are as bold as my Dad's head. So as to avoid the famous “aquaplaning” in Mauritius which actually looks like water skiing, instead of driving at the permitted speed limit in Mauritius on the dual carriage way : 90 KMS an hour Mauritian drivers have "grinded" to a 35 km, stop and go, for the 30 kilometre stretch from Floréal to Port Louis, the capital of Mauritius.
It seems the sun will not be here for quite a few days still. The poor tourists who, since arriving in Mauritius, have only had rain for nearly 2 weeks, what a holiday for them - it’s a total disaster! These types of rains are very rare for such a long period. I hope it does not happen often else to the detriment of the tourism industry in Mauritius.
So my first meeting with the MTPA (Mauritius Tourist Promotion Association) with their marketing manager “Toto” Ghoorah, we are constantly disturbed by him answering calls in our meeting, all part of “Mauritian business culture” to say the least! Their web site, well, actually not theirs, http://www.mauritius.net, belongs to the company, Netlink Ltd, who initially registered the web site name for them in 1996 they have finally realised the millions of US dollars that gone into branding http://www.mauritius.net is now going to the benefit of someone else! Was the MTPA ignorant of this or was this another way of putting in someone’s pocket a “silver lining”.
The rest of the day did not have anything to do with the tourism industry in Mauritius and I won’t bore you with it!

C U 2morrow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb