The Mali Finale! part 7- The Dogon Country


Advertisement
Mali's flag
Africa » Mali » Dogon Country
May 1st 2009
Published: May 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

The Dogon CountryThe Dogon CountryThe Dogon Country

Our Root started in Konsogou-Ley and worked south to Teli, ending in Bankass
The Dogon is incredible… I’m not going to waste time trying to explain the awesome hiking adventure we had there. Words cannot do this magnificent beauty justice. So I’ll let my pictures do most of the talking!

Our basic schedule from Sunday afternoon until Tuesday Afternoon composed of hiking the land, visiting the villages, meeting the locales, sleeping on rooftops, watching the stars and counting shooting stars, learning about the local culture, cursing the heat of the desert, occasionally riding horse carts, always dreaming about water, laughing at our guides eccentric behavior and laid back attitude, and simply looking in awe at the glorious natural beauty that composed this land.

Our trek took us through the villages of Konsogou-Ley and Begnemato on Sunday, Indeli, Yabatalou, and Ende on Monday, and Teli on Tuesday morning. We ended our adventure in Bankass on Tuesday afternoon where we ate lunch, explored the local market, took a shower, took a nap and parted ways with our amazing guide Omar.

With the Dogon Country conquered, our Mali adventure was coming to a close. And with Ryan having a final on Saturday and myself a final on Sunday we
Dogon- 2Dogon- 2Dogon- 2

Awesome...
knew we had to high-tail it back to Ghana as fast as West African transportation would allow us! The race back to Accra was on…




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb