Costa Cruise - The Indian Ocean - Seychelles, Madagascar, Reunion Island, Mauritius


Advertisement
Africa » Madagascar
December 10th 2015
Published: December 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Seychelles, Madagascar, Reunion Island, Mauritius The next three days we had at sea before arriving for two days at Seychelles on 5th December 2015. There was a special offer on laundry – 20 Euros for 25 pieces that we decided to do as there is no laundrette on the ship! The washing had to be put in the ‘magic’ bag and collected by 15.00 but by 17.00 it still hadn’t been collected! Eventu... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 73, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




16th December 2015
I love Seychelles!

Young boy
what a sweet face
16th December 2015
I love Seychelles!

What a sweet face.....
I thought you meant me!!! lol !!!
17th December 2015

Great
The "Amber Mountains" in Madagascar and the "South of the Island" in Mauritius; that's two of the tour's I like to do as well, great to hear about them firsthand and sorry about La Reunion...; Great to hear about all the other options to do thing's on your own...Question: I didn't catch it, have you seen more on your "South of the Island"-Trip then you would have, if your guide was not thinking you are on the full day ? Did it took longer than usual ?
17th December 2015

Mauritius!
Yes - we did see more! The 1/2 day trip wasn't supposed to include the Rum Distillery! St Aubins (the Rum Distillery!) was about a 2hr detour to the south of the Island! It was a lovely place - and I quite enjoyed it - there were lovely gardens, rum factory, vanilla film, mini farm , beautiful gardens...... Because we did this ( an the abhorted lunch!) then we were 3hrs later than normal and didnt get back unitl 17.30pm. Hope this clarifies it? Feel free to ask more questions!
21st December 2015

Some more questions
Thanks for the answer and your offer; yes, I have some more questions: 1. Currency; should we get some small amount of local currency or which is more exepted Euro or US Dollars ? 2. Clothes at night; so there is no Gala nights, but there are some nights with a recommendation "elegant", are there any other special nights (like Italian, White night and so on) 3. any other tipps, you would have liked to know before you left on this cruise ?
21st December 2015

Answers!
ok.....Israel we used $ but there is a machine along the beachfront that converts your dollars to local currency which you will need for boat trips etc. Jordan we didnt use any money, Seychelles took euros as did Reunion. Madagascar took euros and dollars ( I think we paid the tuk tuk in dollars) and Mauritius we took some cash out at ATM. There was an Italian night and a White Night but I would say that only 50% max dressed up for them - it was all no big deal. Hope this helps.

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0228s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb